The Somerset Deli – Covid Safety Measures
We will have the following measures in place….
- Roped off area to the front of the stall showing you where to queue.
- Markings on the floor to show 2m spacing.
- Signage to help guide and assist with new procedures for a safe shopping experience.
- Hand gel will be provided.
- Card machines with contactless payment will be available.
- A separate table at the end of stall for collecting produce and payments that will enable social distancing.
- We will be encouraging the public to bring their own bags and pack them themselves.
- Card machine and surfaces will be regularly cleaned with Anti Bac Spray.
- We will not be accepting cash payments at all!
- Staff will have masks and vinyl gloves. Gloves will be changed regularly.
The Stall will be under two 3x3m gazebos making the display area considerably smaller. This is a requirement of the market operator.
We will try our best to bring as many of the cheeses you know and love, however if they are not on the stall, please ask us. It may be in the van!
All the stock will be displayed in baskets with ice packs as per normal. However, there will be no open cheeses. All the cheese will be pre-packed in either Paper, Plastic, or cling film. We won’t have cheese wire cutter set up, as we cannot provide the bespoke deli counter service at this time.
Before you attend on Saturday will you ask yourself….”Can I minimise the amount of time I spend at the stall?”
To this end, will you use the ‘CLICK AND COLLECT’ system we have put in place for you??
Its so Easy…. Go, Click, Add, Collect, Go….to the web store www.somersetdeli.co.uk. It has all the products that we sell. And some new ones!!
Click……‘on the stall now’ page, and select your favourite cheeses.
Add….cheeses, Breads, and meats to your basket.
Select….‘Collect Frome Market Saturday’ at the checkout.
This ‘Click and Collect’ system still enables us to talk and catch up with customers whilst also mitigating risk. We really want you all to take advantage of ‘ Click and Collect’ to ensure the continuation of the market and our business. We really love coming to market and socialising with you, as well as providing you with a fabulous product in a fun and friendly manner.
We will of course still be able to sell you products direct from the stall on the day, we have the card machines for that very reason. Its simply that we would prefer you to adopt a ‘Minimising risk’ attitude when attending the stall. Collecting a pre-ordered AND pre-paid selection of produce, is by far the safest way we can see of operating as we move forward with our ‘New Normal’.
To be frank, if we all (The stallholders & Customers) do our very best to keep everyone safe, we can ensure the future of this market.